Monday 17 October 2016

FHM Philippines...Lovi Poe - October 2016






After exactly five years and a month, Lovi Poe returns to our fold, this time adorned by a slithering companion. Recall that in our September 2011 issue, the actress flew to Bangkok to get help from a four-legged behemoth for her cover shoot.

We can't quite comprehend what's with her and these wild creatures, but it seems that Lovi is able to channel her most natural element when she's around such primal beasts.

Lovi admits, "I've had shoots with snakes before, but never like this. I've never had to wrap one around me like that. Ang bigat niya! But I just let the snake go and executed the poses we had planned (with photographer Mark Nicdao). Snakes are not really one of my primal fears. I'm much more afraid of heights. Shooting atop a skyscraper would definitely not be a first option for me."

But she does know what a snake primarily symbolizes, right? Not only is she aware, but Lovi also embraces whatever endeavor she's currently involved with. In this case, a shoot that evoked themes of temptation, seduction, and the original sin, albeit unintentional.

"I like to show these images [we have as our theme], but it's just an image I exude. I don't know why people think of me in the way they see me when I pose for a magazine, but sometimes I like to think that I'm the exact opposite," she explains.

"Honestly, I may look like this onscreen, I may pose like this on magazines, but I'm really very shy. People would say, 'she's such a flirt,' 'she shows too much skin,' but honestly, if you ask the people I'm close with, they'll say that I'm very shy. But I guess what I can say is, I can probably seduce a guy with my awkwardness."

In reality, Lovi doesn't even have to try. Among the multitude of local female celebrities, she is one of the few that has the enthralling aura of royalty but maintains it in such a level that it doesn't come off as mere hubris. And that is the reason we decided to give her another go.

Our Lovi-headlined issue is chock-full of man reads, including a trip to typhoon-stricken Batanes; a gender-sensitivity piece; and tito talk with Parokya ni Edgar frontman Chito Miranda, among others.










Like the Post? Do share with your Friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment